Log in if you have an account
Having an account with us will allow you to check out faster in the future, store multiple addresses, view and track your orders in your account, and more.Create an account
Mefoto CPL Filter 55mm
Polarizers provide color and contrast enhancement. Reflected light often shows up as whitish glare that washes out color in an image. A Polarizer corrects this problem producing deep, dramatically blue skies. It also removes glare from non-metallic surfaces, such as windows and water. Color saturation in general, especially outdoors, can be improved significantly.
- Essential general-use outdoor color filter
- Produces deeper skies and minimizes reflections in black and white and color photography
- Combine a Polarizer with a Red 25 for incredibly dramatic black and white landscapes
- Can be rotated to achieve desired effect
- Use the Tiffen Polarizer with the enhancing filter for more dramatic effects
- Available for Wide Angle lenses
A Circular Polarizer has the same effect as a Polarizer and is used on cameras with beam splitting metering systems commonly found on auto focus SLR's (for most 35mm auto-focus cameras see your camera manual).
Area of sky most effectively polarized with a Circular Polarizer:
Point your index finger at the sun. With your thumb extended at a right angle (90°), rotate it around the axis of the index finger. It will point out the band of deepest blue from horizon to horizon.